Sunday 12 September 2010

A dash for the Poetry Bus.

Marion has set this week's task for us and suggests we write about colour. I like plenty of choice but sometimes such a wide range makes things harder. I tossed various ideas around in my head and quite suddenly this came to me:-

The morning is grey
the world is drab
but after a while
the sun breaks through
and everything
takes on colour.

Birds' plumage,
leaves, flowers, buildings,
the very clouds themselves
and even rusty old sheds
become suffused
with colour.

No pictures today - sorry. I have had a well spent day in the garden evicting weeds and dead bits but have definitely used up today's energy and probably tomorrow's too! I'll try to be more interesting in my next post.

8 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Tomorrow will be a grey morning as rain is forecast Heather, so you can have a good rest - sounds as if you need it after your hard work. Thank you for your lovely letter.

Jackie said...

Well its a good job you don't live near me ...you'd wait forever for the sun to break through.
I enjoyed it though.

izzy said...

Grey can saturate everything else,but it can be wonderous and comforting when we allow it to! thanks I like your piece.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Glad you made the bus Heather, I like the idea of the sun painting the world and I love the colour of rust caught in the sunlight.

Titus said...

Nice transition poem, Heather, and colour is light. Beautiful, succinct.

Bubba said...

Your words provided all the pictures needed, Heather.

Peter Goulding said...

Going grey meself, so I have a certain sympathy for early morning.

Marion said...

What a beautiful poem! I felt like I was watching the sun rise with you. Thanks for riding the Poetry Bus with me. Blessings!