Tuesday 2 November 2010

Phase two of embellished knitting.

I love the colours in this first piece. All four came from one strip of knitting and are now waiting to have stitching added. They are between a postcard and A5 in size.
I may add a few more wisps of wool or silk tops to the one above,

and this one definitely needs more blending. I found a bag full of lovely bits and pieces which I have had for years - wool tops, silk tops, throwsters waste, and more besides. It just goes to show that if you buy something because you like it, it will come in useful even if you have to wait years to find a use for it!

This one is ready to stitch. I must now decide how to go about it - machine or hand, or maybe a bit of both.



It's just as well I wanted to work at the table as I was ousted from my chair today. Madam had her tray in the living room .........

as a certain feisty gentleman gives her a hard time and to keep the peace he is spoilt rotten and allowed to sleep on the bed with room service provided.
Are there any other pet owners who are as daft as me?

I think I shall come back as a family pet, but only if I am looking after me!!







11 comments:

Carol Q said...

I think we're all daft pet owners Heather! Lovely embellished fabric. I bought some wool and pattern to make some felted slippers today. My first felting!

Gina said...

I love the effects you're getting by embellishing the knitting Heather - it's not something I've tried... yet! Your pets are definitely very papmpered!

Robin Mac said...

Jock is not as spoilt as your two, but he is definitely getting close to it. I love the embellished pieces. Will catch up with your blog when we return. Thanks for your good wishes on my blog. Cheers, Robin

Ro Bruhn said...

Embellished knitting, hmmm I might have to give this a try.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes there are - me for one!

Like that embellished knitting.

Am off to buy my sketch book to start my book project in the morning - thanks for the inspiration. Every time I get scared I shall be contacting you for encouragement!!!

Heather said...

Feel free Weaver. It does get scary at times but have faith and keep going. I'm approaching the scary bit with my embellished knitted bits. I must pluck up the courage to add the stitching. I'll do a bit by hand first and see how that looks.

Maureen said...

Just spotted your lovely book Heather, looks fantastic, your knitting reminded me I haven't used my embellisher lately and your book that I have two fabric books to finish - things certainly haven't gone to plan just lately

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Beautiful natural colours in your knitting and embellishing.x

Patty said...

Ha! I love your comment about coming back as your own pet. I'm the same way about my tiny dog. Your colors are so delicate-like lichen or some living thing that nature painted.

Julie said...

I am just as soft when I have a pet, it comes with the job description :) Your embellished knitting is looking beautiful. I should get my embellisher out too. Poor thing is getting very lonely these days!

Linda Vincent said...

Hah...I thought we were the daftest pet owners! Good to know we're not on our own :-)
Your knitting/embellishing is coming along brilliantly Heather.
Linda x
PS I loved what you said about my digi-art....thank you so much.