Wednesday 2 March 2011

And then there were two.

A couple of days ago the collared dove left her nest long enough for us to notice the arrival of another egg.

She wasn't away long and now sits quite happily as we come and go through the back door. She's quite photogenic, isn't she? My husband has fixed an old shaving mirror to the fence just outside the door and positioned it so that we can see if she is in residence before we go out.

.

I have nothing new on the creative front to show you, but I haven't been idle and have had a good clearout and thrown away loads of old coursework notes and tidied my workroom, again! I really must NOT buy any more beads, yarn or books! My son and his wife keep a nice tidy minimalist home and he has made himself a rule to get rid of one book, DVD or whatever, before he buys another. He doesn't get that from his mother!! The trouble is, I am waiting for Isobel Hall's new book to be published - it's due out in April I think but can't remember the title. I already have her 'Embroidered Books' and 'Bags with Paper and Stitch' - both of which are excellent and very inspiring. Sadly for me, less is not more!


8 comments:

Carol Q said...

lovely Heather. always good to be able to watch the local wildlife!

Ro Bruhn said...

I have a theory, if you don't have it you can't use it, and I need to use lots of things. What a lovely visitor you have sharing your home.

Gina said...

What a beautiful dove. I'm a hopeless hoarder too... I drive myself mad!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely to have the dove so close to your door. I have Isobel Hall's Embroidered Books - I know I have it - but strangely I can't find it!
Another hoarder and a hopelessly disorganised one!

Robin Mac said...

How dull life would be if you had to keep throwing out something before you bought another book or whatever! Mind you I have got to the point where it is hard to find another place to store anything any more! I love all the creative stuff from your previous posts and the collared dove is so attractive. Cheers

Nancy said...

How sweet and considerate that your hubby would put a mirror close by so you won't disturb her when you go outside....She's beautiful and two babies...WOW....I can tell you are really enjoying this adventure.......

As to collecting, we are unique so we each get to decide what we will keep and what we will let go and that's OK.....

Have a great day......thanks for keeping us posted on the dove....maybe you should name her...make it more personal......

Heather said...

It's great to know I am in such good company with my hoarding habits and, Nancy, I'll give some thought to a name for Mrs.Dove.

The Weaver of Grass said...

There is nothing to compare with tidying one's workroom and sorting through one's bits and pieces - usually it ends in some sort of idea.

Two baby collared doves to come eh?
You can sit all day and watch her if you run out of ideas of things to do!