Friday 1 June 2012

Lubilee Jubilee!! - Getting in the Mood.

We've hung up our bunting.......................................


and I've filled up the cupcake cases.............................. and hidden them away until I blow the whistle to start eating! ...............................


.............. but am saving these until the festivities really start.


Judging by the weather forecast we will be sitting indoors watching the televised events, drinking tea and eating everything ourselves!


As we drove between Gloucester and Ledbury yesterday, many of the villages along the main road were festooned with flags and bunting. It gave everywhere a very festive air.


I have released the tadpoles into the pond at last. They needed cleaning out almost daily and seemed quite traumatised by being ladled out of their home into a clean bucket, and then decanted back to their cleaned container so frequently. Most of them have grown all four legs so I hope they are too big now to be considered suitable for a newt's dinner. If I don't see dozens of frogs hopping about the garden later in the year, I shall feel entirely responsible for their early demise!


However you spend it have a lovely weekend whatever the weather in your part of the world.





3 comments:

Carol Q said...

Isn't it lovely to see all the bunting Heather? I must admit I'm feeling quite caught up in it now and very proud of our Queen. I immediately looked at your napkins and starting wondering what they could be turned into after the weekend is over lol. Enjoy your weekend x

Robin Mac said...

I hope the weather turns out to be really good for the weekend - I shall be recording the events to view them not in the middle of the night! Cheers

Gina said...

Happy jubilee w/e Heather. Doesn't everywhere look wonderful.