Or that could read: Take two collagraph prints! I made two more print blocks on much thinner card, this time using the back of a cereal packet.
Once again I didn't get the results I expected or really wanted, but I think they could be improved with a colour wash or some other work done on them.
I am finding it quite difficult to gauge the right consistency of paint. Using it straight from the tube is too thick and adding even a small amount of water seems to make it too runny. I also think that this card is far too thin even with a piece of felt as padding. There is card out there somewhere which is perfect - I just have to find it!
I quite like the lefthand one below, even though so little of the paint has been transferred.
My favourites are the two below, made with one of my previous blocks on heavier card and printed onto painted calico. The heavier card definitely works best and these will be perfect for stitching onto.