Friday 7 June 2013

Nothing very exciting.

I loved the comment left for me the other day from Sweetie Pie which said:  'Stop gardening and get on with your book!'    So I thought I'd better do just that.  By the way she makes the loveliest things with fabric and stitch.
  I have at last stuck all the pages together and gessoed most of them.   They need colouring now and then stitching.   I haven't removed any pages from the second half of the book as I have other plans for that section which I'll show you when I get there.

I have made a simple pocket on this page by folding the side of the page in on itself.   The colour is rather drab but will allow for more colourful decoration later.

Another lovely day though there is a lot of cloud building and it is cooler.   I have just been to the chiropractor so light duties for me for the rest of the day to allow the treatment to 'soak in'.   More work in the garden tomorrow perhaps.  The amount of growth in the last three weeks is astounding - the compost bin will be overflowing again.  Enjoy the sunshine.

7 comments:

Heather said...

That comment was from 'sweetypie' and not 'sweetiepie' - sorry about that. Her blog is well worth a look.

Digitalgran said...

Look forward to see the book progress! I'm taking a short rest myself, but mustn't let it become a long rest must I?

The Weaver of Grass said...

Heather - I know I keep saying it - but I so wish to handle that book, to see it more closely - it all sounds so very exciting.

Carol Q said...

more please! lol

Ro Bruhn said...

Looking forward to seeing more pages. At least you have an excuse to stay indoors if you've had physio.

Julie said...

Sweetypie is very good at bossing people about ;-) (I can say that cos I know her lol). I hope the chiropractor helped and you can soon get back to doing what you enjoy. It's been cloudy and chilly here today so I hope the sun will be coming back soon.

sharon young said...

It's a bit of a tug of war this time of year with the garden or textiles. Looking forward to seeing more of your book progress.