Wednesday 20 November 2013

I'm still here.

The time between my posts seems to get longer and longer.   I suppose I have been busy but there doesn't seem to be much to show for it.   I am nearing the end of my online course and there is a lot of drawing in this last chapter which is quite time consuming, especially the time I spend avoiding getting down to work!  I am also making an altered book for one of our daughters but can't show you yet as it's a surprise for her birthday in April.  It is taking ages to complete but I'm nearly there and then there will just be the cover to do.   When that is done I shall put it away and then take a final look to see if anything more needs to be done shortly before I give it to her.

I have my little friend Poppy with me today and we have just been for a walk.   It's lovely out there between the squally hail and rain storms and the leaves are falling fast now.   When the sun shines the colours are beautiful.  
To get Poppy to turn her head like this I spoke very quietly to her and was saying 'Shall we put our coat and shoes on a go for a walk?   Shall we?'    'Shall we' seems to be the key phrase and engenders great anticipation of wonderful things to come.   I'm sure I never quite turn up trumps for her.   It was hard to get the best swivels as her head seems to be constantly on the move from left to right and back again, but these too are not far off the mark.  

I am still waiting for delivery of an order which ArtVanGo despatched on the day I ordered it, which was Monday 11th November.  I finally succumbed and treated myself to some Derwent Coloursoft crayons.  They will be ideal for the coursework I am doing at the moment.   Maybe I'll get them tomorrow - we will be out so that will mean a trip to the sorting office the following day to collect the parcel.   I think it is a bit hard on suppliers when they respond so promptly to orders, to have to advise their customers to allow at least 10 working days for delivery.   The postal charges keep increasing but the service doesn't.

I suppose I should start to get myself in the festive mood.  It seems to get harder every year but I always enjoy our family get-together on Boxing Day.   Note to self - write out 100 times:  I must not think Bah Humbug!   I must not think Bah Humbug!    I must not ..........

9 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Inexplicably, I am feeling a bit Bah-Humbug this year, myself. I haven't done a fraction of the holiday baking that I did this time last year. Actually, I haven't done any. (Maybe that's the problem?)

Good for you, for treating yourself to the crayons; they sound lovely - even the name, "Derwent" has a nice ring to my Canadian ears.

Poppy looks quite keen to have a "shall we" with you. She's a dear, isn't she?

Reifyn said...

Derwent are some the best art supplies you can get: they make great coloured pencils too.
Don't mention 'Bah, Humbug'! This is the first year I haven't felt that way in years and years.

Ro Bruhn said...

Such a cute little visitor you have there Heather. I remember taking a visit to the Derwent factory in Keswick on one of my trips to the UK. It was fascinating to see how everything was made.

sharon young said...

Little Poopy is gorgeous, what a lovely visiting companion.
I always get the Bah Humbug moment when the Christmas adds come on TV, but I'm actually looking forward to it this year, we're starting Christmas with our son and family in Cardiff this year for the first time so really looking forward to that.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Transfer that bah humbug to the Times 2 post I have written today Heather!
I used to deal a lot with Art Van Go - marvellous company. The embroidery exhibition hits Harrogate today - I am not going, it is too much walking for me these days.

Carol Q said...

you managed to snap Poppy perfectly Heather. I'll join the bah-humbug crowd too. I think I'm fed up with all this pressure from the media to buy expensive presents and the fact that it all starts so early. So MUCH to buy in the shops it's mind boggling and really we don't need even a quarter of it. bah humbug! lol

Robin Mac said...

I can't even get to the Bah-Humbag stage, in fact I am finding it hard to get my head around Christmas at all, everything seems to have come so fast!! I hope your order arrives soon, most frustrating for you and Art Van Go having to wait so long. Poppy looks as cute as ever. Cheers

Gina said...

Lovely pics of Poppy. I sometimes think I must be a bit odd in loving all the Christmas build up.

The Bug said...

I thought I had already commented here but apparently not (maybe I commented on Facebook? or maybe it was a dream...). Anyway, LOVE the Poppy pictures - so cute! I always feel a bit bah humbug at Christmas - we seem to spend a lot of it trying to please other people. Sigh. Hopefully by now you have your crayons & they're giving you some joy!